Veterans Memorial Banner Project Application Criteria
Metcalfe Community Association, Osgoode Township Museum and
The Royal Canadian Legion, Osgoode (#589) and Greely (#627) Branches
The Metcalfe Military Banners Project aims to memorialize a person involved in the military, living or deceased, who lived in, or has strong connections to Osgoode Ward, Ontario. All proceeds (after costs) raised by this program will go the Poppy Fund managed by the The Royal Canadian Legion, Branch #589 (Osgoode) and Branch #627 (Greely) and be used to help veterans. The costs associated with the Metcalfe Military Banner project includes installation hardware and the production of the banners themselves.
This two-sided Banner costs $175 and is considered to be owned by the sponsor/family who loans it to Osgoode Branch #589 or Greely Branch #627 for use in the Banner Program. The Legion is not responsible for any loss or damage due to wind, other environmental conditions, or other factors out of their control.
Payment is due upon being notified that your Banner will be produced this year. Payment (cash, cheque, or e-transfer) method will be discussed at that time. Payment must be received before we can produce the proof for your approval.
To be selected for this program:
1) The person being nominated must be a veteran, or have contributed to Osgoode Ward's military effort; and
2) They must have lived in the former Osgoode Township or current day Osgoode Ward or have very strong ties to Osgoode Ward with priority going to those who lived here; and
3) There must be a high-resolution portrait style photograph, preferably in uniform, of the person being nominated. The minimum size for physical photographs is 5" x 7" or you may attach a digital image of 200 dpi or better. All physical photographs will be returned.
4) The person (or sponsor) does not need to be affiliated with the Legion.
The Metcalfe Military Banner Project committee is now accepting applications for the second year of this project. Due to a very limited number of available poles with existing hardware to display the banners, we will be reviewing applications on a first come, first served basis. We will ensure that the proposed veteran/military person meets the criteria outlined above, and a proof of the banner will be sent to you for approval prior to final printing.
How to Submit an Application
1. ELECTRONICALLY: Click the link to download the form. Print your completed application form and sign it. Scan the signed application form and your digital photo and email it to: email@example.com.
2. IN PERSON: Contact Marc Sauvé to make arrangements to have an application dropped off and/or have the completed forms and photo picked up: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-979-4718.
General inquiry questions may be directed to Gail Burgess at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting the Metcalfe Military Banners project! This project, in collaboration with the Metcalfe Community Association, Royal Canadian Legion Branch #589 Osgoode, Royal Canadian Legion Branch #627 Greely, and Osgoode Township Museum, hopes to bring to light those who served in any capacity toward historic and present day military efforts.